PDA

View Full Version : ...ice out!!!!

zobs1959
05-12-2013, 07:27 AM
....the lake ice finally went out yesterday and the last gasp of winter has released it's cruel grip hear in the northland. It has been seven months since I have last seen the open water on my small lake. The larger lakes in the area still find themselves assaulted by the remnants of long winter and are as yet ice covered. The famed minnesota walleye opener took place yesterday under a solemn and destitute fanfare. Hundreds of resort owners are without clients due to the lingering lake ice: Bait shop owners have few customers. Local bars and eateries who depend upon the influx of fisherman and tourists are languishing under the effects of this unusually long and cruel winter. Those attempting to probe the great wilderness known as the Boundary Waters Wilderness Canoe Area will find themselves unable to access the ice covered water routes.
But today is sunny and by tuesday the weather service predicts we will soar into the 80's.....(:
For those of you around the country, I thought you may find it a tad interesting as to the happenings in the far north.

mesadmin3
05-14-2013, 08:14 AM
Just another example of why I live in California :)