Old 10-26-2015
Administrator
General

Default Road map

Hi All,

The current C63/CoC road map looks like this:
  • Final C63 Engine version 1.3
  • C63 Quick Turn system
  • 2nd C63 Scenario (either a 'fantasy' scenario with CSA & USA new order of battle, or C61 'Bull Run')
  • CoC Prototype
  • CoC Map Editor

Jeff
Old 12-21-2015
Administrator
General

Default Quick Update

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on our progress.

Today we did a huge round of testing on the 1.3 Engine version. Within this update are a ton of bug fixes, migration of the entire backend engine into a server system, addition of the new Routed system, and a reworking of the Retreat system (due to the addition of "Routed" status for units). This new version isn't live yet, as we want to do more testing, and we found one or two issues in the combat code that we would like to correct. We will be doing one final round of testing within the next few weeks (depending on how our last fixes go). Ill either post that the final round of tests are a success and that the new version is live, or Ill let you guys know if we need another round of fixing/tests (cross your fingers).

Hope you all have a great holiday!

Jeff
Old 12-31-2015
Administrator
General

We finished another large round of testing yesterday, with mostly success. The newly reworked retreat/route system appears stable. Next up will be stress testing the rework/route by throwing huge amounts of old games at it. Then a server version of stress test, then the new engine version 1.3 should be ready to go.
Old 01-01-2016
Major

Default update

thanks for update. I can't believe it can get better.
Old 01-11-2016
Administrator
General

2 steps forward, 1 step back today. We finished the server stress test, and found a significant bug (While a bit disappointed, I have to remind myself that this is why we do lots of testing...). So the good news is that the new engine version passed almost all of its tests today. The bad news is that we've got a bug to fix, and as per usual with bugs, very difficult to give an eta.

On a related note, Ranger and I brainstormed/concepted out a potential Scenario 1 for C63. This new game type will use the existing user interface (which means you guys should be playing it much sooner, than having to wait for Clash of Command). So the only major difference in this new game type will be the units order of battle (starting positions). We're a long ways off from testing it, but I thought you guys might like to hear a bit about our progress (at least on the short/medium term stuff)

Jeff
Old 01-12-2016
Major

Default thanks

still the best thing since toast and getting better.
Old 01-30-2016
Administrator
General

New engine passed a major test recently. We should be taking it live sometime in the next few weeks as long as the rest of the tests come out clean.
Old 02-22-2016
Administrator
General

I've been trying to remember to update you guys every week or so, but I've been so busy working on the new Scenario I plain forgot last week.

So, ranger found another bug in the engine last week which is proving to be a bit troublesome to track down. We're making progress on it, but obviously its not fixed just yet. Meanwhile, I've been working on the required web side changes for the new Scenario game type. Things are going well there, and Im about 3/4 of the way done. After I finish that, and ranger nails that last engine bug (or what we hope is the last one), the new engine version will go live on the remote servers (no more in-house machine) then we finalize the Scenario OOB (order of battle) for units and will start testing Scenario 1. As you guys test that, we switch gears and work on the C63 quick turn/speed games system (some of you guys tested the prototype, which was buggy, but proved to us that the concept was worthwhile)

Anyway thats where were at...

Jeff
Old 03-06-2016
Administrator
General

Ugh,

Both Ranger and myself have been sick this last week, so not much progress to report.

Jeff
Old 03-20-2016
Corporal

Thumbs down

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to all of the new changes.
And yes.....I'm BACK!!!!