The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > Announcements

Old 11-05-2012
Administrator
General

Default Quit/Surrender bug

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to keep you all up to date. Im still trying to figure out what is going wrong with the Quit game scenario. Ill post again when I know more.

Jeff
Old 11-05-2012
Administrator
General

Okay, I think I have the quit game bug sorted. If anyone runs into it again please let me know asap.

Jeff
Old 11-14-2012
Administrator
General

Default Good news

Okay, so our latest round of Barrage testing went well. There were a few minor issues to take care of but so far this version looks promising. I don't want to jinx myself, so Im not going to announce an estimated date of publish, but I'd say if everything goes well the official Version 1 (non-Beta) of C63 should launch soon. Ill post a change log for the backend (engine) changes once ranger gets a list to me.

On a somewhat related note we're happy to report that we managed to squeeze in delta values for morale and fitness into the unit report while we were working on Barrage. So you will get to see the change in your units stats from the last turn. We also decided to break the combat reports up a bit and give you some more granularity of what each unit did in a combat. Which means you will get to see a list of combat units, reinforcing units, and barraging units for each combat. There are more changes planned for combat reports, but we want to hit launch and then re-prioritize.

Jeff
Old 12-13-2012
Administrator
General

Default Quit/Surrender bug fixed

So that took a bit longer than planned, but I did finally track down what was going wrong in the quit game sequence that would occasionally give the win to the wrong player.

Thanks for you patience guys,

Jeff
Old 12-13-2012
Private

Smile on quitting or surrender

Thanx Jeff! Will I sacrifice that loss or can you fix the stats? No hurry, I appreciate you may have more pressing UI issues.
Old 12-24-2012
Administrator
General

Quick update,

I've been temporarily delayed by a few bugs here and there, but I've gotten all of those straightened out (and most of my grading done) and Im now back to work on the new UI version.

There are just 1 or 2 more small features/improvements I want to squeeze into this release and if all goes well that will be the last major Beta 1.0 version.

Once you guys "stress test" that version (and everything is dialed in and working correctly for the most part) we plan on transitioning into release mode, which means Ill spend a good chunk of my time working on press/public relations stuff and less on development.

So there you have it.

Thanks once again for all your feedback, guys. We truly appreciate it.

Jeff
Old 12-25-2012
Major

great work... still the best game on the net
Old 12-25-2012
Quartermaster Sergeant

Jeff and Ranger,
Merry Christmas and congratulations. The game was good when we started, but really has come a long way. Hope 2013 is a great year for both of you!
Moseby

PS: Can Cal and I challenge you and Ranger to the first team game?

PSS: All I want for Christmas is to play one game as Halleck.
Old 12-28-2012
Administrator
General

Thanks Cal and Moseby,

We really appreciate the kind words (in fact I may use them on the front page at some point, if you don't mind)

Ranger and I would love to play a team game against you guys, but it will have to wait until summer as we just have way too much stuff to do right now with C63/Mutant.

Happy New Year!

Jeff
Old 12-31-2012
Corporal

Thumbs down

Jeff and Ranger,

First let me say Happy New Year! When I began looking for an authentic strategy game on-line I became very disappointed until I came across C63.
It is very true to the historical facts and time period. I agree with NBF that sometimes it is difficult to play as the Southern side when it seems the deck is stacked against oneself; however, that is the way history has recorded it and I admire your desire to remain true to that.

Best of luck to you and the gang at Mutant. I look forward to many more enjoyable hours of play!

Michael Bounds
direct descendant of 3rd Corporal James Bunyard, 6th Mississippi Infantry Regiment, CSA.