The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > Campaign of 1863 > Campaign of 1863

Old 05-20-2014
Recruit

Default How much of an objective is required?

This is my first time playing as CSA, and to cut to the point my question is: How much of an objective do you need to be in to control it, and does it matter if there are enemy units in there?

Right now in my game, I am battling for Washington. I was only able to take control of Harrisburg after pushing all of my oponents men out, however this was all in one turn. The first victory i had his men were pushed out of one hex, but my men couldnt enter because of the other hex. When my men did finnaly enter, they pushed his units out, so i was unable to see if partially controlling the city would give me the capture

He seems pretty convinced that my force cant clear Washington of his troops, but im pretty convinced that i only need to occupy one of the empty Hexes to take that sweet +10,000 points. I think my idea holds more weight, as the CSA objectives clearly read "Disrupt the Union" and if enemy troops entered such a city, it would cause much disruption.
So who is right?
Old 05-21-2014
Recruit

You are correct. If the CSA holds one objective city hex, they are awarded the victory points for holding the objective. Makes no difference if city hexes are defended by union troops, or type of CSA unit(s), if the CSA holds the city hex at end of turn, they get the VP's.
Old 05-21-2014
Recruit

Much Obliged! I think i played my first game here under your command infact. I remember about a year ago i was Hancock, and you were Mede