Quartermaster Sergeant

Good game zobs!
Let me know when you want a rematch.
Moseby
Old 04-03-2013
Corporal

Default ...back to the books....

commander moseby,
my thanks for the kind words. I seethe and boil for a rematch. It is said: ' prior planning prevents poor performance'. I will restudy and research Lee and his CSA strategy before attempting to engage you in another duel. I have taken note that you have suffered defeats in your illustrious career: therefore I know it can done. Until we meet again, keep yourself safe: being a leader dog is fine but it entails having the rest of the pack constantly on your tail.
best regards,
zobs1959
Old 04-10-2013
Administrator
General

Default Quick update

Hand is finally up to typing again, so development resumes!

Right now Im working on making the victory page cleaner and more descriptive of objectives. Ill also be re-naming the maps that are tied to objectives, so it will help newbies understand that objectives exist on more than 1 map (so instead of 1 "Baltimore" map there will be 4: N.E. Baltimore, S.E. Baltimore...)

Jeff
Old 05-10-2013
Administrator
General

Default Ah-ha!

I think I finally fixed a bug that has been haunting me for quite some time. Im also almost done with the Status page re-work. As soon as our testing comes out clean we should have what I hope to be the final Beta UI version ready for you guys. Ranger is also almost done with a new engine version, but it is mostly (in fact I think it may be only) internal logging and error reporting items that help us track problems (so it wouldn't really affect you guys).

Jeff
Old 05-23-2013
Administrator
General

Hummm... last round of UI testing on the new version did not come out clean. But it is only the 1 bug (so far). Hopefully I can get this cleaned up quickly and we can get you all the final version 1.0 release soon.

Jeff
Old 10-08-2013
Administrator
General

Just realized I haven't updated you guys in a while.

Hard at work on (what we hope are) the final bugs for version 1.0 (you guys keep finding stuff...)

Jeff
Old 11-11-2013
Administrator
General

Currently testing the Engine with what should be the final version 1.0 bug fixes.

Jeff
Old 11-12-2013
Administrator
General

Just to be a bit more specific. Were working out a "routed" state for units that are unable to retreat properly from a combat

Jeff
Old 11-12-2013
Quartermaster Sergeant

Will the routed state will carry over into the following turn? Will the unit will need to be rallied or encamped to restore order and/or morale? Doing so seems more relevant to a company level, hourly turn game rather than a brigade level 1/2 day turn game, especially overnight.
Old 11-13-2013
Administrator
General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col John Moseby View Post
Will the routed state will carry over into the following turn? Will the unit will need to be rallied or encamped to restore order and/or morale? Doing so seems more relevant to a company level, hourly turn game rather than a brigade level 1/2 day turn game, especially overnight.
Yes, routed units will be removed from the map for at least 1 turn.
Severe morale and fitness penalties will be applied.
Routes will only happen in extreme circumstances and will be very rare. Basically it is just an extension of the retreat system. You guys uncovered a bug a while back that in certain cases a retreated unit would "ping-pong" from hex to hex if the unit tried to retreat into a hex that a combat ended up taking place in at the same time. Ill add a section to the manual once we've gotten Routed working how we want it to.

Jeff