The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > Announcements

Old 11-28-2011
Administrator
General

Default What we're working on right now

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates, but we're making a push to release Beta Version 1.0. Which will include Save, Reinforce fix, Overwhelming Odds fix, as well as several major User Interface improvements, and Im sure there are some other odds and ends Im forgetting off the top of my head. We hope to finish testing all of these soon. Once we do Ill post here and send a Beta 1.0 release message out to the entire user base (so hopefully some people that have held off playing will jump in some games).

Jeff
Old 12-14-2011
Administrator
General

Just a quick follow up on the Version 1.0 release. We were almost ready to release when we found an annoying little bug that is proving difficult to squash. So the release is being delayed until we can get it straightened out. I'll likely push out the new version of the UI to the subscriber preview page soon, so our diehards can get an early peek at it.

Jeff
Old 12-21-2011
Administrator
General

Still wrestling with that reinforce bug, so the 1.0 release will likely be around New Years-ish.

If anyone wants more frequent updates I try and post to twitter/facebook once a day:

twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Campaign63

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Campaign63
Old 05-01-2012
Administrator
General

Just a quick note about whats in development right now.

We are currently working on Entrenchment markers and preliminary Artillery upgrades.

Minor engine patch will go live on Friday. Fixed a bug that was not transferring Army Command map view over to new Army Commander when the old commander missed 3 consecutive turns.

Jeff

Last edited by mesadmin3; 05-01-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-28-2012
Administrator
General

Default Sept. update

Just wanted to let you guys know we are still hard at work on what we hope will the the final ver 1.0 release.

Im currently adding in the Barrage order. Barrage will work similar to Reinforce in that it will be a stationary order with a single hex effective radius. The difference will be that Barrage will only be usable by Artillery and will ignore terrain and river side restrictions (but will not ignore impassibles). However please remember that we are still in Beta test, so this may or may not change as we test.

Thanks guys,

Jeff
Old 09-13-2012
Administrator
General

Default UI update

Hey everyone,

So Im wrapping up the new UI version now. As long as all my tests come out clean I will likely release it this weekend. Ill post a follow up here with specifics.

Please note this will be a UI ONLY update as Rangers engine update is going a bit slower than we hoped (adding entire features tends to do that). This means that while you will be able to do things like issue a Barrage order they WILL NOT take effect until the new engine patch goes live (no eta, but we're close).

In case any of you are wondering why we're splitting the UI and Engine releases: It helps us figure out quickly where any bugs are likely to reside.

As always, thanks guys.
Jeff
Old 09-13-2012
Captain

i get goosebumps just thinking about giving a barrage order
Old 09-14-2012
Quartermaster Sergeant

wow...I shudder to think how you'll feel when giving the order actually does something...
Old 09-25-2012
Administrator
General

Default UI version 1.05b

Hey guys,

So Im currently testing a UI patch that will re-sort the mail to list newest messages first. If all goes well Ill post the patch tomorrow night (sometime around 12:30 am pct). Best I can do right now on the mail system. Any other changes (detecting already read messages, deletion, archival) require database changes which make me extremely nervous as they risk bringing down the entire system for what are in my opinion limited upside features.

Jeff
Old 10-23-2012
Administrator
General

Default Quick update

Barrage is taking longer than expected, but we're making progress. Im also fixing some minor issues on the UI end of barrage as well as adding a cancel unit selection button for newbie players. We also fixed the "zombie" militia unit bug, and a bug that was popping up related to units not halting properly for some combat boundary condition situations.

Jeff