The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > Announcements

Old 01-07-2013
Administrator
General

Default Release Candidate 1.0

After many years of part-time development, blood, sweat, and tears we at Mutant Studios are very proud to announce that the Official Release Candidate version 1.0 of The Campaign of 1863 will go live after turn processing at roughly 12:30 am tonight 1/7/13.

There won't be a ton of things that look different from your end (the exception being the new button that turns on/off hex numbers on the tactical maps and the delta indicators for morale and % effective) but there are a ton of bug fixes and internal changes to the User Interface.

Once the new version runs for a few days without any issues Ill be sending out a mass email to all registered users to come try out the 1.0 version. So Beta Corps, you guys might be a bit swamped with open games with noobs. Don't stress about it, only take on what you can handle. You guys are the glue that holds our little game community together, don't think we don't know it and appreciate you guys.

Thanks once again everyone,
We truly appreciate all your feedback (both positive and negative) and for sticking with us despite the long development time. Cheers to a Happy New Year and a successful game launch in the near future,

Jeff and Ranger
Old 01-08-2013
Administrator
General

Known Bugs
  • Combat reports missing data- Status: in progress. ETA: resolved
  • Phantom double units after a combat- Status: in progress. ETA: resolved

Jeff

Last edited by mesadmin3; 03-01-2013 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2013
Corporal

Thumbs down

Outstanding! I'm looking forward to it as soon as I finish up these four Beta games!
Old 01-09-2013
Corporal

Question

How do we join one of the new games. All I see are the Beta games?
Old 01-09-2013
Administrator
General

michael,

Games will still be listed as Beta for a bit. We need to do some stress tests of the new version and some server side stuff.

This new version is a User Interface patch, which will launch automatically even on the games you're playing right now (though Internet Explorer has some problems with our update cache code). So if you launch a game from your my games page you should see "Beta RC1.0 01072013" in the lower right hand corner of the Title screen. If you see "Beta 1.05e.12042012" it means your browser (usually Internet Explorer) is holding on to the old version and you need to clear your cache. Don't worry if you don't know how to do that, just go to this page, find your browser and follow the instructions.

Jeff
Old 01-09-2013
Private

Default Release Candidate 1.0

Sorry, MesaMod, meant to get back to you after this am's move', fell asleep! Once you clear the browser its all RTI and runs 100% smoother, don't see any of the previous nights bugs. How exciting to have current turn maps instead of yesterdays, as I would be prompted to close tabs shortly after making a move before. I think it was the flash player at this end. Great job! Thanx Jeff!
Old 08-14-2013
Administrator
General

Default Final 1.0 version (I hope)

Okay everyone,

I think I've finally squashed all the little bugs that have been holding back the version 1.0 release. There is one known bug in the backend that is extremely rare (under a very specific set of circumstances on retreat a unit will appear as an attack and defender), and Ranger is still working on that one, but all my tests finally came back clean, so I will be launching the final UI version tonight 8/14/13 @ midnight.

In order to see the new version tomorrow (8/15/13) you may need to clear your browser cache

Once again, thanks for playing everyone,

Jeff
Old 08-29-2013
Administrator
General

Grrrrr...
So I had hoped I could figure out a hot fix for the movement point problem, but, alas, no such luck.

Ill be pulling the current version tonight and rolling the UI back one version (which has the cross map bug)

Sorry about that guys. I tested the hell out of it my end, but never managed to trigger a movement point problem.

Jeff
Old 08-29-2013
Administrator
General

hummm... check that. I think I just figured out a hot fix.... pending more test, but so far so good

Jeff