The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > Taunts and Challenges

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Captain

Default 2v2

looking forward to another good game....
merry Christmas to the Banford family also. by the way; which one of you is in CO. ?
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
looking forward to another good game....
merry Christmas to the Banford family also. by the way; which one of you is in CO. ?
Banford is in CO, I am in VA.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Captain

Default CO and VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Banford View Post
Banford is in CO, I am in VA.
I too am in CO.. Pagosa Springs. I used to live in Lancaster County, PA. and have toured most Battlefields in VA.. haven't seen cold harbor yet. favorites are the overland campaign battlefields. Of course Gettysburg is great; there is so much to see there. After dozens of visits, I still haven't seen it all. do you ever get to Carlisle , PA.. where the war college is? There is a great book store there (pomfret st. used books) when the officers retire they unload a lot of their books there , so there is a great military history section.

Last edited by caledonia; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:06 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Private

Quote:
I too am in CO.. Pagosa Springs. I used to live in Lancaster County, PA. and have toured most Battlefields in VA.. haven't seen cold harbor yet. favorites are the overland campaign battlefields. Of course Gettysburg is great; there is so much to see there. After dozens of visits, I still haven't seen it all. do you ever get to Carlisle , PA.. where the war college is? There is a great book store there (pomfret st. used books) when the officers retire they unload a lot of their books there , so there is a great military history section.
Old Banford is in Woodland Park CO, I'm in Stanardsville VA, having had enough of the Washington DC traffic madness (we're not trying to confuse people with the Banford thing....it's a family name that is both of our middle names, and unbeknownst to each other we were both using it as on-line monikers. I get to call him "Old Banford" because he's 71, and I'm 61 )

We love Gettysburg, Manassas, Antietam....and there are a whole lot of smaller and often overlooked battle fields around here as well. Have not been to the bookstore in Carlisle, but will put it on the bucket list. I have a bunch of military history books that need to be relocated as interests change. I was just up in Lancaster at the Lancaster Host Resort on Rt. 30 for the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society (HMGS) Convention for a weekend recently....I like that whole area, except that last time up there, there was an Amish drive-by shooting....clip, clop, clip, clop....BLAM, BLAM, BLAM....clip, clop, clip, clop........ It was scary...I almost spilled my pickled beets.

Cheers!

Robert Banford

Last edited by Robert Banford; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:58 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Captain

Default 2v2

OK Banford bros... looks like NE kid and I are ready.
Old 1 Week Ago
Private

Quote:
OK Banford bros... looks like NE kid and I are ready.
OK! I will Accept Command tomorrow AM and we can start then. Good Luck and Best Wishes.

Last edited by Robert Banford; 1 Week Ago at 11:04 PM.
Old 6 Days Ago
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Banford View Post
OK! I will Accept Command tomorrow AM and we can start then. Good Luck and Best Wishes.
Command accepted, only waiting on NEKid. Let's please not start at 2AM our time. If that is the case, please encamp until we are all ready to go.
Old 6 Days Ago
Captain

Default encamp

sounds good...if not started by 8pm my time i'll encamp. us older folks just can't stay awake too late.
Old 6 Days Ago
Private

Quote:
sounds good...if not started by 8pm my time i'll encamp. us older folks just can't stay awake too late.
OK....I can't even join the game until all have accepted. If anyone can get in, encamp for now. Then we can have a fair start.
Old 4 Days Ago
Private

The game is on! Best wishes and regards, Sirs.