The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > After Action Reports

Old 02-27-2014
Recruit

Default First Stab

This being my first game, I was pleased with the way it went, but like most first timers, I didn't like the pace of the game. Very agonizing when you are used to faster paced game.

I played against Manxmatty and thought that he did fairly well considering it was his first time aswell.

The campaign started slowly as I didn't figure out how to actually move until the 3rd round. I did well catching up as I forced marched my I, XII, and XI Corps north forcing Manxmatty to consolidate, ending his dash to the north. He eventually pulled Ewell's Corps back to Harper's Ferry were they didn't move any further north. Using the III & VI Corps, I pulled him into battle around Uppersville, keeping his attention locked there. He committed Longstreet's and Hill's Corps To the north of Uppersville when I hit him with the II and V Corps, pushing him north halfway towards Snickersville when he dug in. Disengaging, I left the II and V Corps protected by the river and sent the VI & III Corps north, via Leesburg, along with moving the XI Corps south from Fredrick to move on Snickersville. Manxmatty began to consolidate his II & III Corps at Snickersville to meet that threat. In his attempt to move his I Corps down from around Harper's Ferry, I was able to close his escape route with my I Corps and destroy most his I Corps with all his artillery. My I & XII followed his retreating troops down to the river crossing by Snickerville and he held me at bay for the remaining time as most of my units were fought out.
I fought very aggressively and I probably should have lost the game as I made several errors that Manxmatty could have taken advantage of.

Great game, very bloody!
Your Thoughts, Manxmatty?

Last edited by 23mar03; 02-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.