The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > Campaign of 1863 > Campaign of 1863

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-21-2018
Robert Banford Robert Banford is online now
Member
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 53
Default Couple of Questions

My brother and I are on our third game, and enjoying this very much. I have a couple of questions that don't seem to be clear from the manual:

1, Artillery - what is the difference between choosing an Attack order vs. a Barrage order. If I choose Attack do they employ artillery or use side weapons? If I choose Barrage do they spread the barrage around all enemy units in multiple adjacent hexes or focus on the one directly to their front?

2. Commanders - they seem to be designed to effect morale and initiative. What is their command radius to do so? In the same hex? 3 hexes away? 5?

On another note, I get lost looking at the map in tiles in game. If you download the map and resize it, you can print it out in Adobe Acrobat and select "Tile" as your print option. You can then tape the tiles together and have a decent map to refer to offline. Takes some fiddling.

All in all, a very intriguing and interesting game, The map and movement as well as unit morale and fitness are brilliant. There are just some gaps in understanding how things work from the documentation.

Cheers,

LT Banford

Last edited by Robert Banford; 03-21-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2018
Robert Banford Robert Banford is online now
Member
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 53
Default

Bueller? Bueller?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-13-2018
Tilor Tilor is offline
Junior Member
Recruit
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 13
Default

LT Banford,

Welcome to the least active forum on the internet! This game is a lot of fun, and I have no problems with it at all. However, for some reason, very few other humans seem to have an interest in it. Good luck finding opponents!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2018
caledonia's Avatar
caledonia caledonia is offline
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 481
Default game

I also like this game a lot... and there has been a slump in active players recently, however, I will play anyone. and I don't mind playing the same opponent over and over again. every game is different.
part of the problem with the availability of good players is unless a player buys a membership he is limited to one game an tied up for a month, no I'm not a paid spokesman...just the way it is.
looking forward to playing the Banford boys....
might I suggest a team game,
and yes this really is the least used forum, but I used it a lot when I started playing. the posts were mostly game related and people shared their concepts of strategies to be used...less BS
but again..i love this game

.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-13-2018
Robert Banford Robert Banford is online now
Member
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilor View Post
LT Banford,

Welcome to the least active forum on the internet! This game is a lot of fun, and I have no problems with it at all. However, for some reason, very few other humans seem to have an interest in it. Good luck finding opponents!
Thank you Tilor! I thought I was in the Cone of Silence Great game....my brother and I are on game 5. I still have questions, but what an interesting game!

We can do a match sometime if you wish. Email is rchellis@verizon.net.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2018
Robert Banford Robert Banford is online now
Member
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
I also like this game a lot... and there has been a slump in active players recently, however, I will play anyone. and I don't mind playing the same opponent over and over again. every game is different.
part of the problem with the availability of good players is unless a player buys a membership he is limited to one game an tied up for a month, no I'm not a paid spokesman...just the way it is.
looking forward to playing the Banford boys....
might I suggest a team game,
and yes this really is the least used forum, but I used it a lot when I started playing. the posts were mostly game related and people shared their concepts of strategies to be used...less BS
but again..i love this game

.
Hi Caledonia!

My first game and only game with you was a bust on my part, so I didn't want to waste your time and surrendured.

Now on game 5 with my brother and having a ball. It's complex and fun. We are at 1 draw, 1 major Federal victory, and 1 major Rebel victory. Game 4 hangs in the balance. Game 5 just started.

If you and Tilor would like a 2v2 game vs. the newbie Banford brothers, that could be interesting. We have not done a multi-player game as of yet.

RB

Last edited by Robert Banford; 04-13-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Tpyo.....er...hmmm...typo....grrr
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-13-2018
caledonia's Avatar
caledonia caledonia is offline
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 481
Default team game

i'll start a game...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-13-2018
caledonia's Avatar
caledonia caledonia is offline
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 481
Default tilor

Tilor,
if you only can only play one game we can quit the game we just started and play a team game with the banfords
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-13-2018
Robert Banford Robert Banford is online now
Member
Private
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
Tilor,
if you only can only play one game we can quit the game we just started and play a team game with the banfords
I started a game or us all...I see one for mesdamin...is that Caledonia?
Game is Banford vs Future Friends.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-14-2018
caledonia's Avatar
caledonia caledonia is offline
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 481
Default game

I have tried to start a game but it does not show up ? perhaps we should just sign in to admin game .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2010 Mutant Entertainment Studios