The Campaign of 1863  

Go Back   The Campaign of 1863 > Campaign of 1863 > Campaign of 1863

Old 03-21-2018
Private

Default Couple of Questions

My brother and I are on our third game, and enjoying this very much. I have a couple of questions that don't seem to be clear from the manual:

1, Artillery - what is the difference between choosing an Attack order vs. a Barrage order. If I choose Attack do they employ artillery or use side weapons? If I choose Barrage do they spread the barrage around all enemy units in multiple adjacent hexes or focus on the one directly to their front?

2. Commanders - they seem to be designed to effect morale and initiative. What is their command radius to do so? In the same hex? 3 hexes away? 5?

On another note, I get lost looking at the map in tiles in game. If you download the map and resize it, you can print it out in Adobe Acrobat and select "Tile" as your print option. You can then tape the tiles together and have a decent map to refer to offline. Takes some fiddling.

All in all, a very intriguing and interesting game, The map and movement as well as unit morale and fitness are brilliant. There are just some gaps in understanding how things work from the documentation.

Cheers,

LT Banford

Last edited by Robert Banford; 03-21-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2018
Private

Bueller? Bueller?
Old 04-13-2018
Recruit

LT Banford,

Welcome to the least active forum on the internet! This game is a lot of fun, and I have no problems with it at all. However, for some reason, very few other humans seem to have an interest in it. Good luck finding opponents!
Old 04-13-2018
Captain

Default game

I also like this game a lot... and there has been a slump in active players recently, however, I will play anyone. and I don't mind playing the same opponent over and over again. every game is different.
part of the problem with the availability of good players is unless a player buys a membership he is limited to one game an tied up for a month, no I'm not a paid spokesman...just the way it is.
looking forward to playing the Banford boys....
might I suggest a team game,
and yes this really is the least used forum, but I used it a lot when I started playing. the posts were mostly game related and people shared their concepts of strategies to be used...less BS
but again..i love this game

Old 04-13-2018
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilor View Post
LT Banford,

Welcome to the least active forum on the internet! This game is a lot of fun, and I have no problems with it at all. However, for some reason, very few other humans seem to have an interest in it. Good luck finding opponents!
Thank you Tilor! I thought I was in the Cone of Silence Great game....my brother and I are on game 5. I still have questions, but what an interesting game!

We can do a match sometime if you wish. Email is rchellis@verizon.net.
Old 04-13-2018
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
I also like this game a lot... and there has been a slump in active players recently, however, I will play anyone. and I don't mind playing the same opponent over and over again. every game is different.
part of the problem with the availability of good players is unless a player buys a membership he is limited to one game an tied up for a month, no I'm not a paid spokesman...just the way it is.
looking forward to playing the Banford boys....
might I suggest a team game,
and yes this really is the least used forum, but I used it a lot when I started playing. the posts were mostly game related and people shared their concepts of strategies to be used...less BS
but again..i love this game

Hi Caledonia!

My first game and only game with you was a bust on my part, so I didn't want to waste your time and surrendured.

Now on game 5 with my brother and having a ball. It's complex and fun. We are at 1 draw, 1 major Federal victory, and 1 major Rebel victory. Game 4 hangs in the balance. Game 5 just started.

If you and Tilor would like a 2v2 game vs. the newbie Banford brothers, that could be interesting. We have not done a multi-player game as of yet.

RB

Last edited by Robert Banford; 04-13-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Tpyo.....er...hmmm...typo....grrr
Old 04-13-2018
Captain

Default team game

i'll start a game...
Old 04-13-2018
Captain

Default tilor

Tilor,
if you only can only play one game we can quit the game we just started and play a team game with the banfords
Old 04-13-2018
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by caledonia View Post
Tilor,
if you only can only play one game we can quit the game we just started and play a team game with the banfords
I started a game or us all...I see one for mesdamin...is that Caledonia?
Game is Banford vs Future Friends.
Old 04-14-2018
Captain

Default game

I have tried to start a game but it does not show up ? perhaps we should just sign in to admin game .